Church of the Transfiguration of the Savior

Oleninsky district, with. Young Tud
Previously, the left-bank part of the village was the patrimony of the Sheremetevs and was called Preobrazhensky, after the ancient, fourteenth century, Church of the Transfiguration of the Lord, which has not survived to this day. The Dolgoruks, and later the Rzhev landowner General Rameyko, owned the right bank. In this part there was the Vasilyevskaya church, and the property itself was called Vasilievsky. The name Young Tud, common for the two estates, has been known since 1607, and the earlier name, Spasskoe, has been known since 1477. The park on the right bank and fragments of the estate on the left have survived to this day.

In 1754, a stone Church of the Transfiguration was built with warm borders: on the right - the Protection of the Most Holy Theotokos, on the left - St. Nicholas. She owned two chapels: one stone in the church fence, built in 1895, and the other 8 versts from the church, in the village of Staraya, stone, built in 1893.

After the Great Patriotic War, the church was destroyed. The parish is registered on March 13, 2001. On the site of the foundation of the destroyed temple, a new Transfiguration Church is being erected in a tree.
Did you like the article? Share with friends:
Up