About the Tver region
What does each of us want from a perfect trip? New experiences, beautiful photos, or just a comfortable stay? All at once, of course. But most importantly, we all want something special from traveling. We want to see something that we won't see anywhere else.
Tver region is a subject of the Russian Federation, part of the Central Federal district.flag and coat of arms of the region
Is there any other place in the world where you can stand simultaneously on two banks of one of the largest rivers in the world-the Volga? Or find out what the mysterious word "lava" means and why you should look for treasures under them. Where you can cross an area equal to the area of Belgium and Switzerland combined on the way from one capital to another...
Tver region is a magical land where, as if in a good book, they save cubs left without parents. Where there is lake Seliger with the most transparent water. On one of the Islands there is a beautiful monastery Nilo-Stolobenskaya desert with an amazing history. It was once the most visited monastery in pre-revolutionary Russia. Coins with the double-headed eagle were first minted in Tver before it became a symbol of the Russian state.
The capital of the upper Volga region was visited more than once by Catherine the Great, it is to her that the city owes its famous buildings. Why did the Empress love Tver so much? The answer to this question can only be found on the spot. How to find out why this region became the birthplace of three Russian patriarchs at once.
Tver region knows how to surprise. Legends about heroes and Holy martyrs are side by side with fairy-tale characters and modern celebrities. Beer has long been brewed here according to their custom, and now they have learned to make cheeses according to European traditions. Here they can embroider gold and catch the adrenaline on the race tracks.
You may not even need one trip to discover all the secrets of this region. So, there will be a reason to return!
Tver region in numbers:
• Year of formation: 1796-Tver province; 1935-Kalinin region (since 1990 - Tver region)
• Площадь территории: 84 100 кв.км
• Population: 1 million 300 thousand people
• 760 rivers more than 10 km long, 21 rivers more than 100 km long
• Length of the Volga river in the Tver region: 685 km
• The largest lakes: Seliger, Volgo, vselug, Peno, Svoboda
• Five reservoirs: Ivankovo, Rybinsk, Uglich on the Volga river, Vazuza Vazuzskiy on, Vyshnevolotskiy on the CNA
• Almost half of the region's territory is covered with forests