The monument to the Empress appeared in the" Tver Venice " not by chance. It was Catherine II who granted Vyshny Volochok the status of a city. As the Empress noted, "Vyshny Volochyok is a village that brings great benefits to Russian commerce through the locks near it and through the great passage of ships."
In memory of the patronage of Catherine to the Vyshny Volochok in 2007, a monument to the empress was erected in the city. The author of the monument is the famous Russian sculptor Yuri Zlotya. The height of the monument is 2 meters 80 centimeters, the weight is 1700 kg. The Empress sits on a throne decorated with eagle heads and paws, on top of it is the Russian coat of arms. In her right hand she holds a scepter, in her left hand she holds a wreath symbolizing her decree on the establishment of the Vyshny Volochok by the city.